Trade Controls & Sanctions
As a non-lawyer, I could not offer legal advice, but I was involved in most if not all of the tricky cases which the DS business generated over these six years. Some were organisational, others related to investment and divestments, and a few to urgent operational questions.
Polices and Controls
* Organisation, roles & responsibilities
* Standard customs operating procedures
* Controls design and documentation
* Staff Training
* Incident and near-miss reporting
* Counterparty screening tools & services.
* Dealing with red and amber cases.
Dealing with Iran, Russia, Sudan, Belarus, Myanmar
* Aviation & Marine business
* Acquisitions and divestments
* Investing in Iran
* Buying and processing Iranian origin goods
* Russia and Crimea
* "Deemed" exports
* Controlled Technologies
* Dual Use and Military
* Anti-boycott laws
* Dealing with customs classification disputes