Updated Presidential Update
Overnight verification results all added...251 of 291 34Bs now verified and published (media says 258 are out but I can't find them). The other 7 are not on the nation or star web blogs.
Five anomalies found only in recent 34B verifications, very good match overall.
1. In Kuria East (Migori) the vote for Raila has reduced from 12,031 to 7031 in the Nation blog report but not the Star. I consider that a typo so have NOT included it and have left Raila at 12K.
2. Mandera South (Mandera) has seen the odinga vote reduced by 1200. Which seems positive as the turnout was extremely high before and frankly still remains high.
3. Saboti (Trans-Nzoia) saw 2000-3000 increases for both parties in the final verification.
4. Sabatia (Vihiga) saw 2600 more for Raila and 9600 more for Ruto. Which makes better sense as the turnout was very low before and the result odd.
5. Gichugu (Kirinyaga) Ruto's vote rose by 10,000 from 55,714 to 65,718 according to the Nation blog last night. That's an impossibly high turnout. Star has 56018 so ive used that.
Note the Nation blog report for Wajir West is actually for Wajir East and for Samburu West is actually for Samburu East.
Diaspora now added as correct form now recorded. Tiny.
Dadaab (Garissa) arrived overnight in the verifications. 20-1 for Raila and a high turnout is a little concerning but it's not impossible.
Lagdera (Garissa) was missing from the scanned 34Bs but has finally arrived with verification. 5-1 win for Raila but tiny. Turnout looks ok.
Starehe (Nairobi) has finally arrived and been verified (the scan was only partial). This was key as the largest missing seat. 46K Odinga to 43 K Ruto. Turnout reasonable.
Vihiga has also come in on the 34B portal overnight. Slightly pro-Raila, low turnout.
and finally Nyakach (the last Kisumu) has arrived, with a huge victory for Raila but no surprise.
UPDATED: Ruto is 253 K ahead with 250K (estd) votes to go... 7 m to 6.8 m.
A 1.8% margin of 50.6% to 48.8% without the six missing seats and without the 40 verifications.
Missing for me:
MERU TIGANIA EAST
KILIFI KILIFI NORTH
NAROK NAROK SOUTH
NAROK NAROK WEST
Thanks for the update and your excellent work
Leave a Reply.
Thoughts on anything Kenya, mostly political.